Why I Love This Novel?


"I always feel as if I'm struggling to become someone else. As if I'm trying to find a new place, grab hold of a new life, a new personality. I suppose it's part of growing up, yet it's also am attempt to re-invent myself. By becoming a different me, I could free myself of everything. I seriously believed I could escape myself - as long as I made the effort. But I always hit a dead end. No matter where I go, I still end up me. What's missing never changes. The scenery may change, but I'm still the same old incomplete person. The same missing elements torture me with a hunger that I can never satisfy. I think that lack itself is a close as I'll come to defining myself."

A favorite novel is a book that when you open it, you are opening a big part of yourself as well. You feel as if the story of you life is right there in front of you; on every page; on every sentence; on every word. At the end of your reading, you going to say to yourself, "Yes, this is the book for me. This is my life!" So, yes, this novel really is for me. Throw me on a desert island or on the moon; as long as I have this novel, I'll die with a smile.

Comments

Popular Posts